ESSENTIAL OILS AND AROMATHERAPY
Essential oils are plant extracts obtained by distillation thereof (bark, leaves or flowers). Plants active principles are extremely concentrated. Therefore, you should always dilute essential oils before using them directly on the skin.
• Never apply essential oils to the mucous membranes or around the eyes.
• If you want to use essential oils to treat yourself, talk first to a doctor, an aromatherapist or herbalist.
• Never use essential oils orally without the advice of a qualified aromatherapist.
• Keep essential oils out of reach of children; some are deadly poisonous if swallowed.
• In case of accidental ingestion, take 1 to 10 teaspoons of vegetable oil. Consult a physician or contact a poison control center.
• Avoid contact with eyes, ears. Accident (essential oil fell in the eye or on the skin), clean and rinse the affected part with vegetable oil.